95.5 The Bull Invites You to Spend An Evening with BILLY RAY CYRUS!
On this, the 25th Anniversary of Achy Breaky Heart, we’ll roll out the Red Rock Resort Casino & Spa Red BULL Carpet for you at 7:00PM on Friday, May 19th. Join us for a free acoustic performance, Q&A sesh + pictures with Billy Ray Cyrus. It’s another FREE INVITATION for the BULL NATION with Las Vegas’s Achy Breaky Heart Station, 95.5 The Bull.
- Singer, songwriter, entertainer and philanthropist.
- Has sold well over 20,000,000 albums from 14 studio albums over the last 25 years.
- Charted 35 singles including 16 Top 40 hits.
- Breakthrough hit “Achy Breaky Heart” was released March 23, 1992.
- Written by Don Von Tress
- The single became a crossover hit and peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and topped all Country radio charts.
- The single was the debut release from his first album Some Gave All.
- Some Gave All spent a record 17 consecutive weeks at the top of the Billboard Country Albums Chart.
- It spent 43 weeks in the Top 10 and I the best-selling debut album of all time for a solo male artist.
TV & FILM…
- Cyrus has received critical acclaim as an actor, writer, and executive producer in film and television.
- Currently starring in the CMT hit series “Still The King.”
- Plays Vernon Brownmule, aka "Burnin' Vernon," a scandal-ridden, washed-up, one-hit-wonder who was kicked out of country music, only to emerge 20 years later as the second best Elvis impersonator around. After crashing into an old country church sign during a drunken bender, he is arrested and sentenced to return and serve as the church's handyman as part of his parole. Along the way, he pretends to be the congregation's new minister and reconnects with a former one-night-stand (Joey Lauren Adams), when he learns he has a 15-year-old daughter (Madison Iseman) he's never met.
- He wrote the original script and is an executive producer on the show.
- Cyrus has appeared 15 films including Mulholland Drive, Hannah Montana: The Movie; and Christmas in Canaan
- He was a producer on Hannah Montana: The Movie and was integral in bringing the movie to be shot on location in Tennessee.
- He starred as Dr. Clint Cassidy in the 88-episode tv series Doc and Robby Ray Stewart in the Disney hit Hannah Montana.
- He has appeared in no less than 13 additional television series or movies.
Cyrus appeared as the sharp lawyer, Billy Flynn, in the Broadway production of Chicago throughout the Hurricane Sandy devastation that hit much of New York City in late 2012. His next studio release, Change My Mind, was inspired by much of the disaster he witnessed during his time in the Big Apple.
His autobiography, Hillbilly Heart, was released in April of 2013. The book unveiled his tenacious struggle to claim peace with faith, family, and the power of music.
Born August 25, 1961 in Flatwoods, KY to a musical family, Cyrus played baseball for Georgetown College on an athletic scholarship. He and his brother formed country-rock band Sly Dog and landed a standing gig at an Ironton, Ohio roadhouse in 1982. Two years later, he relocated to Los Angeles in hopes of kick-starting his career. Cyrus’ patience wore thin in California, and he headed back east where he landed at the Ragtime Lounge in Huntington, WV. He played five nights a week, and on his days off, he would make the drive to Nashville to try and score a ‘break.’
In time, Cyrus caught the attention of legendary music manager, Jack McFadden who set Cyrus up to op for Reba McEntire in Louisville in 1990. Reps from Mercury Records were in attendance and quickly signed him after seeing the crowd’s reaction.