What’s your go-to hack for cooling down when it’s hot out? Seems we’re pretty inventive when it comes to trying to beat the heat.
According to a new survey, these are some of the creative ways people try and stay cool during the scorching heat:
- Putting ice in front of a fan
- Sleeping naked
- Taking a cold shower just before bed
- Putting a wet towel on your head
- Sleeping in a separate bed from your partner
- Putting your feet in a bowl of cold water
- Sitting in a kiddie pool
- Sitting in a parked car with the AC on
- Lying on ceramic tile or stone floor
- Sleeping on the floor
- Hanging a wet sheet in front of an open window to cool the breeze
- Sleeping in a damp T-shirt
- Putting sheets in the freezer before bed
That last one is something I've never tried, but sounds oddly satisfying.