Still trying to nail down your New Year’s Eve plans? Don’t worry, here's some ideas for you. Whether you and your boo are into changing out of your Christmas jammies and putting on your fancy outfits or if you’d rather avoid the crowds and ring in 2022 at home, these are some romantic New Year’s Eve date ideas.
- Splurge on an expensive party or dinner - Want to hit the town for the last night of 2021? Find a glam party or a fancy restaurant you want to try and make a reservation. If you can’t score one and still feel like socializing, throw a last-minute dinner or cocktail party at your place instead.
- Or get all dressed up and go nowhere - If you’d rather not spend a month’s rent on one night out, you can still put on your sequin dress and heels and just stay in. Open some bubbly, snap some selfies and the best part? You don’t have to wait forever for an Uber at the end of the night.
- Go on a spontaneous vacation or staycation - If you have a few days off, why not hit the road for a romantic getaway? If you want a change of scenery without actually going too far, book a night at a local fancy resort or an Airbnb and get all the benefits of a trip without all the travel-related drama.
- Snuggle up for a movie marathon - For a really low-key New Year’s Eve date, make some popcorn, grab a fuzzy blanket and hit the sofa. You can’t go wrong with watching holiday classics or catching up on movies you’ve wanted to see this year, but didn’t get to yet.
- Host a game night - Looking for a family-friendly way to spend New Year’s Eve? You can’t beat a game night! Grab some snacks, a bunch of board games and some adult beverages and engage in some friendly competition as you countdown to midnight.
- Have a naked night - If kids are out of the picture, skip dressing up and instead dress way down. Then spend the night at home doing anything you like together while rocking your birthday suits, and party hats are optional.