As Las Vegas continues to mourn the untimely passing of Tony Hsieh at the age of 46, we remember some words of wisdom he delivered. The former Zappos CEO was an innovative visionary who pumped millions into revitalizing Downtown Las Vegas. He leaves behind a legacy of leadership, including these 12 iconic quotes:
1) "There's a big difference between motivation and inspiration: Inspire through values and motivation takes care of itself."
2) "Your culture is your brand."
3) “People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said but they always remember how you made them feel, that’s what matters the most.”
4) “The best leaders are servant leaders – they serve those they lead.”
5) “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.”
6) “Learn by doing. Theory is nice but nothing replaces actual experience.”
7) “The best businesses are really ones that can combine passion, profits, and purpose.”
8) “Happiness is really just about four things: perceived control, perceived progress, connectedness (number and depth of your relationships), and vision/meaning (being part of something bigger than yourself).”
9) “Whatever you’re thinking, think bigger.”
10) “Have fun. The game is a lot more enjoyable when you’re trying to do more than just make money.” Tony Hsieh
11) “Customer service shouldn’t be a department, it should be the entire company.” Tony Hsieh
12) “There’s a big difference between motivation and inspiration: Inspire through values and motivation takes care of itself.”
Thank you, Tony Hsieh, for your vision, your inspiration and all that you've done for our city. Rest easy, you will be missed.