Halloween is just around the corner, and folks have probably started hitting up the local Smith's, Albertsons or WinCo to get their candy stash for trick-or-treaters. But nobody wants to be that house with the candy nobody likes, and now a new report may help you make sure you pick up everybody's favorites.
Instacart just came out with report on Halloween candy and there are some surprises on the list. According to their data, last year over 2.5 million pounds of candy was purchased in the weeks leading up to October 31st. Here's how the top 10 break down.
Top 10 Halloween Candy
- Peanut M&Ms
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate
- Kit Kat
- Candy Corn
- Sour Patch Kids
- HARIBO Goldbears
Notice Tootsie Rolls and Starbursts didn't make the list.
Other Halloween tidbits from Instacart’s report:
- 43% of all October candy purchases take place during the last week of the month.
- And apparently a lot of people wait until the last minute, because the peak purchasing day is October 31st.
- States in the South, including Mississippi, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Arkansas, are the most likely to purchase candy corn.
- 35% of people say they love candy corn, but 16% of people say candy corn is the worst Halloween candy.
- 53% of parents say they are absolutely or probably going to eat their kids candy.
- And 56% of those parents won’t feel any guilt about it.