Thanksgiving Day is this Thursday and you're probably going to be tempted to share some of your delicious food with your furry family member, because after all, you're thankful for them too, right?
Before you give Fluffy that spoonful of Grandma's fruitcake, check out the list of foods that you should NOT give your pet this holiday.
- Alcohol Bones - turkey/ham bones can splinter and become lodged in your pets throat
- Chocolate, caffeine, coffee
- Citrus - Anything that contains citrus like the stem, leaves, peels, fruit, seeds, etc.
- Coconut and coconut oil
- Grapes and raisins
- Milk and dairy
- Nuts Onions, garlic, chives
- Raw or undercooked meat and eggs
- Salt and salty snack foods
- Xylitol - used as a sweetener
- Yeast dough
Nobody wants their pet to get sick from eating table scraps. Find a few treats they can have and be ready to treat them this Thanksgiving.