Today is World Sleep Day! Without a doubt, most of us have developed some nasty habits in the past couple of years that have wreaked havoc on our sleep schedules. Now add the time changes, a stressful news cycle and the return to in person work and it’s no wonder that our sleep is suffering. Mind Body Green has suggested 7 habits we can all ditch to help get those precious zzzzs.
- Screen Time: Turn 'em off 60-90 minutes before bedtime.
- Late Dinners: Don’t eat within two hours of bedtime and try to eat at the same time every night.
- Alcohol: Stop drinking four to six hours before bed.
- Heat: The magic temp is 65 degrees for optimal sleep.
- Procrastinating: Work backwards from the time you need to rise to get sufficient sleep.
- Late Night Workout: Get your gym time in four to six hours before you go to bed.
- Lying down before you’re ready for bed: It leads to restlessness
A lot of these habits are easier said than done, start one at a time and work your way towards a better night of sleep! That reminds me, time for a nap!