Top Gun: Maverick flew into theaters over the weekend and fans showed up in a BIG way! In fact, this marks the biggest opening weekend for any Tom Cruise film...ever.
The Top 5 movies this weekend:
1. Top Gun: Maverick - $156 million
2. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - $20.5 million
3. The Bob's Burgers Movie - $14.8 million
4. Downton Abbey: A New Era - $7.2 million
5. The Bad Guys - $5.6 million
(Totals are for the 4-day Memorial Day weekend.)
Top Gun: Maverick soared high at the box office over the four-day Memorial Day weekend, earning $156 million. That gives Tom Cruise the biggest opening weekend in his career.
After three weekends at number-one, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness dropped to second with $20.5 million. The Marvel flick has now made $370.2 million.
The Bob's Burgers Movie debuted in third with $14.8 million, followed by Downton Abbey: A New Era ($7.2 million) and The Bad Guys ($5.6 million).
By the way, it was OUTSTANDING! Highly recommend seeing this one on the BIG screen.