- We all like to think Las Vegas has crappy drivers, but the in comparison to other cities, not so much.
So, in which cities are you bound to come in contact with the worst drivers out there? Well, Quote Wizard analyzed six million car insurance quotes from drivers in America’s 70 largest cities to determine the cities with the worst drivers.
Cities were then evaluated on four factors to determine overall driver quality, including:
- Speeding Tickets
With all that in mind, Bakersfield, California is the city with the worst drivers, with eight California cities landing in the Top 10. Bakersfield has the highest overall DUI rate than any other city, plus it lands at fourth for speeding and eighth for accidents.
Top Ten Cities With The Worst Drivers
- Bakersfield, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Fresno, CA
- Riverside, CA
- Richmond, CA
- Jacksonville, FL
On the flip side, Louisville, Kentucky is the city with the best drivers. Louisville has the lowest number of citations of any other city, plus it has a low number of accidents, DUIs and speeding tickets.
Top Ten Cities with The Best Drivers
- Louisville, KY
- Hartford, CT
- Little Rock, AR
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Tulsa, OK
- Dallas, TX
- Pittsburg, PA
- Detroit, MI
- Houston, TX
- Chicago, IL
More fun facts about the report:
- Las Vegas ranks #35 on the cities with the best drivers
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin is the worst when it comes to speeders, while Boston, Massachusetts is the best.
- While Louisville has the fewest citations, Providence, Rhode Island has the most.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana is the city with the most accidents, while Detroit, Michigan has the fewest.
- And while Bakersfield, California has the most DUIs, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has the fewest.
You can read the full list HERE.