As we know, education is important. And the more you have, the better your chances in the job market. Now, it's probably not shocking to find out that some areas of the country have a more educated population than others, although which they are may surprise you, or maybe not
WalletHub just came out with their list of the Most Educated Cities in the U.S., judging 150 of the largest metropolitan areas on 11 factors in areas of educational attainment and quality of education & education gap. Those things include share of adults 25 and older with bachelor’s degrees, the quality of the public school system and more.
So which city tops the list? Ann Arbor, Michigan tops the list as the most educated city in the country, earning a score of 93.99 out of 100. Ann Arbor ranks at number one for both educational attainment, and quality of education & education gap.
Top Ten Most Educated Cities in the U.S.
- Ann Arbor, MI
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
- Madison, WI
- San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA
- Durham-Chapel Hill, NC
- Raleigh-Cary, NC
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- Austin-Round Rock-Georgetown, TX
- As for the least educated city in the U.S., Visalia, California earns that “honor,” with a score of just 9.09, landing in the bottom five in both areas.
Las Vegas & Henderson didn't even rank in the top 100. See where we ranked HERE.