A Redditor has asked the question “What are some signs someone is a great mother or father? With over 300 comments, the thread has gathered a long list of things people are saying that show someone is a great parent:
My friends’ teenage sons had (still have) lovely manners. When I’d see them out in the world, they would speak up, greet me, act like humans. They were far cooler than I was at that age.
- They don't constantly talk about what a wonderful parent they are.
- When they're able to calm themselves or leave situations where they could possibly lash out at their child.
- They don’t abandon you if you don’t live up to their standards.
- They accept the child as an individual who won't do things the way the parent wants or hoped.
- The thing that made me conclude I was a good parent is when I let them eat food that I really wanted to eat. It was the last toaster strudel.
- They truly listen.
- They apologize to their kids when they’re in the wrong
- I think that a good parent will always treat their children like an "adult", not that they will see them as one, but they will respect them like they respect an adult person.