Valentine’s Day is just weeks away and some people are scrambling to find someone to spend the holiday with. Your looks, personality and interests can affect your odds of finding a romantic partner, but it turns out, where you live can make a difference, too. Being single may be easier in some parts of the country than others and a new report reveals which ones those are.
WalletHub has analyzed all 50 states to determine the best and worst ones for singles.
- They ranked each on 30 key indicators of dating-friendliness, breaking them down into three categories: dating opportunities, dating economics, and romance & fun.
- They looked at factors including online dating opportunities, restaurants per capita, the average price for beer and wine, and since dating is also a numbers game, the number of single adults.
- Based on all of that, California tops the list for best state for singles. It comes in first for romance and fun and second for dating opportunities, but it lands at 49 for dating economics, so it’s pricey to be dating there.
- New York is the second best state for singles overall, but it ranks dead last for dating economics.
- And on the flip side, the worst state for singles is West Virginia, which ranks near the bottom in every single category.
2023’s Top 10 Best States for Singles
- New York
- New Jersey
2023’s 10 Worst States for Singles
- West Virginia
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
Check out where your state falls on the list here