Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it's time to get festive with the decorations! Time to get the tree, untangle the lights, and put up your holiday decorations. But do it right, and don't make one of these big mistakes:
- Don't be careless when climbing the ladder to hang lights. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports about 15,000 injuries involving holiday decorating each year.
- Don't just hang lights all willy nilly. It's going to look like a mess. Make a plan.
- You don't have to go big and cover your whole house in lights, but don't just wrap a single stand of lights around a bush and call it a day.
- Don't mix politics into your holiday display. 'Tis the season to take a break from politics.
- Don't try to get it all done in one day. Take your time to get it right.
- Do not use the old string lights that go bad when just one single bulb goes out. It's time to switch to LED lights.
- Do not leave your lights up after New Year's. Don't be that person in the neighborhood.
But DO smile and enjoy the holiday season with your family and friends. Take on the season with gratitude and generosity!